vaquero n : local names for a cowboy (`vaquero' is used especially in southwestern and central Texas and `buckaroo' is used especially in California) [syn: buckaroo, buckeroo]
Vaquero may refer to:
- the word in Spanish for "cowboy". Charro is a related
- Película de vaqueros is the Spanish name of the Western film genre.
- the Spanish root word for the American word Buckaroo.
- the Mexican indie rock band Vaquero, as well as their self titled debut album.
- the BSN professional team Vaqueros de Bayamón or Bayamon Cowboys in spanish.
- Los Vaqueros, an album by reggaeton artists Wisin & Yandel.
- a widely popular single action revolver developed by Ruger in 1993, especially liked by participants in the sport of Cowboy action shooting.
- the vaqueiros de alzada ("cowboys from the high land") were a group of cow herders in Asturias, Spain, who established themselves in the high pastures.
vaquero in Spanish: Vaquero
broncobuster, buckaroo, caballero, cattleman, cavalier, cavalryman, chevalier, circus rider, cowboy, cowgirl, cowhand, cowherd, cowman, cowpuncher, drover, equestrian, equestrienne, gaucho, goatherd, gooseboy, gooseherd, herder, herdsman, hogherd, horse soldier, horse wrangler, horseback rider, horsebacker, horseherd, horseman, horsewoman, jockey, knight, mounted policeman, pigman, postboy, postilion, puncher, rider, roughrider, sheepherder, sheepman, shepherd, shepherdess, steeplechaser, swanherd, swineherd, trick rider, waddy, wrangler